Having problems watching the video? Watch it directly at YouTube.
In this video we look at a fundamental low post move called the power dribble. The low post position is located close to the basket on either side of the free-throw lane. Players in this position often need to move quickly toward the basket and need a way to move both their feet without being called for a traveling violation. The power dribble is made for this purpose. A power dribble involves using both hands to quickly slam the basketball against the ground one time and retrieve the ball again in both hands.
- assume an athletic stance
- hold the ball low with both hands on the upper half of the ball
- push the ball quickly downward with your forearms and wrists and by bending your knees further
- listen for a loud bang as the ball hits the floor and rebounds directly back into your hands
- grab the rebound tightly in your hands