Having problems watching the video? Watch it directly at YouTube.
In this video, we look at the basics of shooting form. There are lots of things to remember, so take your time, don’t rush, and practice, practice, practice. Eventually, you’ll need to be able to repeat these movements without thinking. That can only be achieved through repetition. Don’t rush the movement. Talk yourself through the each step to ensure that you haven’t missed anything.
- Start close to the basket so you can focus on your form
- Think through each step until you can do the motion automatically
- Step 1: Foot position
- Step 2: Seams parallel to your chest
- Step 3: Fingers in a V
- Step 4: Look to the basket
- Step 5: Elbows swing free
- Step 6: Dip and lift
- Step 7: Push up and through with lots of arc
- Step 8: Follow through