Having problems watching the video? Watch it directly at YouTube.
The athletic stance forms the core of almost all movements in basketball, both offense and defense. It’s the optimum body position for quickness and because of that, it can be found in almost all sports where quickness is needed.
- the athletic stance is designed for quickness and can be found in all major sports
- your feet should be 1 and ½ shoulder widths apart and parallel,
- your knees should be bent,
- your back should be straight rather than hunched,
- your head should be up with your eyes looking forward,
- your elbows should be out in front of your body,
- your fingers should be spread and pointed outward.